8 Essential Postpartum Tips You’ll Want to Save for Later
Recently, we had a Tribe mom reach out to us for encouragement. So much planning goes into pregnancy and birth that we often forget about what comes next! After her baby was born, she felt overwhelmed and like life would never be normal again. We SO understood. Your baby is crying, you’re not sleeping, and all you do is feed him and change him. It can feel like an endless cycle of day-night-day-night with no end in sight. We asked our Tribe moms to give her some helpful tips and here are our favorite responses.
- Get out of the house! As soon as you’re feeling up to it, have someone else watch your baby and go out, even for an hour. Get together with your friends for lunch, go for a walk, or go shopping!
- Try to find your “tribe!” Reach out to other moms in the neighborhood or find a group on Facebook. It’s validating to know you’re not alone and other new moms feel the same way! (P.S.-We have a facebook group called the Havah Tribe Mom Hub! Join us!)
- Get help! If you can afford to get a night nurse, even for one night a week, it’ll make a huge difference. Otherwise, ask your mom, sister or friend to come over and watch your little one for an hour while you nap. You’ll feel refreshed and relaxed knowing your baby is in good hands.
- Sleep training is critical! The sooner you do it, the easier it’ll be. You NEED sleep mama, and so does your baby!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for space! You are fresh out of the hospital, and it’s okay if you don’t want your sister’s friend’s gym buddy to be in your living room. Tell your visitors that you love company, but you need to rest and you’ll let them know when you’re up for company again.
- Ask for food! You need nutrition, especially if you’re breastfeeding. If someone offers to make you a meal, say YES. If your sister is coming to visit, ask her to stop and get you a wrap or a salad from the nearest store. Or...just order delivery. Hello, convenience!
- Get new pajamas! You won’t believe the difference it will make if you buy a pretty pajama set! Something you can easily feed your baby in, and comfortable enough to wear all day long! When you’re stuck inside a lot,a new pair of PJs can brighten things up!
- Revel in it! It’s hard and you have to HANG IN THERE so may as well enjoy the ride. Take this time to heal and rest up. Also, if you want to cry, do it!
We hope this helped all of you new moms out there. We’re here for you! If you liked our tips, let us know which ones you tried out! #TribeTalk
By: Jaimie Brick, @socialmediabyjaimie